Home of the Smurf Community

Post anything non-smurf related here.
Page 1 of 2
Postby LadyZod » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:35 pm
I know we all collect Smurfs and Smurfs related stuff...

But what other stuff do you collect? What other hobbies?

I collect many things.

My main collection revolves around Superman (comics, toys, movie props, autographs, YOU NAME IT!)

I also collect Kinnikuman (Japanese release stuff and American M.U.S.C.L.E items), Stikfas, Smorkin Labbits and other Urban Vinyl pieces.

My husband and I together collect various toylines from the 1970's and 80's (specifically, GI Joe-Adventure Team & Real American Hero, Big Jim, Megos, Captain Action, pre-Hasbro Kenner Star Wars, and others)

My husband collects (and I help) 1976 King Kong, Planet of the Apes, Godzilla, Bigfoot, Lochness Monster, Universal Monsters and a boatload of other stuff.

In short, our house is FULL of stuff, mostly in boxes as we look to ways of displaying the stuff without making our home look like a 10yr old boy's bedroom! :)

So are you a Smurfaholic only or do you dabble in other stuff too?
Anna

Playing with Smurfs since 1981!:smurf1:

Postby Elvissmurf » Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:06 am
I think you`ll find that quite a few people here are not solely Smurfers.

I personally also collect scaled replica Formula 1 cars....much to my dear wife`s annoyance :-D

Like you,my collections tend to be stored in boxes,whilst i work out how to display them....anyone know how far out IKEA deliver?...the nearest store to me is in Cardiff.The only display cabinets i can find in the shops always seem to have large chunks of wooden framing,which would of course obscure the items on display.

I am infact waiting for my kids to grow up and move out,then i can turn their bedrooms into display rooms. :) ..only joking of course.
BLUE MOON..YOU SAW ME SMURFING ALONE!

Postby SmurfingH » Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:38 am
I've got rather an extensive collection of animal ornaments. You can see them here: http://forum.bluecavern.com/viewtopic.php?t=10595

Postby bwalters » Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:58 am
I have a hugh collection of Baseball cards, football cards and other sprots stuff. I live in a college town and I have an extensive collection of University of Missouri sports stuff. I have a lot of connections at Mizzou. I was in the Football coaches office yesterday he wasn't there though. The football team left yesterday to play a game tonight. I also have some comic books and Bennie babies. I didn't collect it though. Someone else collected it and needed money, they gave it to me for money. Bill
Just so all of you know Missouri is ranked 6th in the country in football and being in his office would be like being in the office of the scoccer coaches office of a really good team. He makes several million dollars a year.

Postby KiwiSchlumpf » Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:55 pm
Well I have a bit of a chess set collection, but in the similar lines as smurfs I have some Asterix, Wallace and Gromit, Snoopy and Garfield figurines and stuff. Snoopy and Garfield haven't captured me in the same way smurfs have though.

Unofficially I tend to gather bread bag fasteners.. not for collecting but because they may one day come in handy, ditto plastic shopping bags which I use as rubbish bags. The thing is, supply exceeds demand, so after a while I then have to throw them out at which time I start again. It is a flaw in my personality I'm sure.... or at least one of the many! :-? :?

Postby Nivid » Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:31 pm
I'm starting to collect Rainbow Brite. I never thought in a million years I would be into collecting Rainbow Brite stuff, but it's actually quite interesting and of course fun!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Nivid :hiya:

Postby Tojo » Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:28 pm
I collect too much :) :) At least Mrs Tojo thinks so....

Here's just some of the things I collect besides smurfs:-
coins (in particular the various Euro coins), stamps (nothing valuable), Playmobil knights & Romans, Lego knights, Golly badges, GPO Telephones 1/43 scale model vans, Whimsey-on-Why houses made by Wade & labels from beer bottles.

There are other collections which I have but which I haven't added to for over 20 years:-
1/43 scale 1950's American cars, Matchbox Yesteryear cars, Dinky models of Thunderbirds, Captain Scarlet & UFO vehicles, WW2 medals & insignia.

And then I have hundreds of wargames figures which I have painted (knights, Samurai & French Napoleonic).
Tojo McTonyson - Okarben's Bagpiper Extraordinaire.... :partyon:

Postby bwalters » Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:41 pm
I'm supprised you have a wife with all those collections. By the way I spent 15 months at Rhein Mhein air force base in 1975-76 I love your country. My only regret is that I didn't spend more time seeing it. Was so cheap to go almost anywhere. I don't remember exacly but I am pretty sure it was less than 50 marks for a months pass on a train. I didn't take advantage though. I did go to Frankfort a couple of times. And a few small towns that surronded the base. Went to Keiserslaughten twice, And stayed in Prume Eifel a couple of nights. I even learned German in a class that I took but could never really speak it. Bill

Postby bwalters » Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:48 pm
Hirary I tried the link in your post I think it was the second one. It took me right back to the top of this thread. Where do I go from there? Bill

Postby Tojo » Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:58 pm
I'm supprised you have a wife with all those collections.
Apart from my smurfs & the Napoleonic figures all of my collections are in boxes, cupboards, albums & folders which is a shame especially for the model cars. In fact most of the cars are still in my parent's attic in England, I just haven't got around to bringing them over. There never seems to be enough space in the car when I go there...

Germany is a great place & the people are very friendly. The Americans vacated Rhein-Main Airbase a year or 2 ago by the way. Friedberg, where Elvis was stationed, is only a few miles away from the village where we live too. The base there has also been vacated.

Postby bwalters » Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:20 pm
This all happened many years ago for me. I have been to Friedburg but don't rember for sure where it is, is it on a mountain I went to a place on a mountain a few miles from Rhein Mein. I could see the mountain from my room. I also went by foot and bicycle to a small town very close to there. I also visted weisboden a couple of times. The think that most impressed me about your country was how clean it was. Also the Women it didn't matter the age you could tell even if they were eighty. At one time they were very good looking.

Postby Tojo » Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:08 pm
Friedberg is about 18 miles nort of Frankfurt Bill. I think the 'mountain' you're thinking about is probably the Feldberg in the Taunus hills. It's about a 20 minute drive from where I live which is about 10 miles north of Frankfurt. Lots of moutainbikers & walkers go to the Feldberg in spring, summer & autumn & in winter it's a great place for tobogganing.

German women are very beautiful :D :cheers:

Postby bwalters » Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:18 pm
HI Tojo; Now that you said it I think you are right. There was an airforce communication site on top of the montain we went there several times. Boy it sure seemed a lot farther than 10 miles then again maybe Feldburg was that far and we had to go beyond it. Long time ago. My memory isn't as good as it used to be. George or was it John. NO NO its Bill LOL

Postby Azrael » Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:07 am
Being a bit of a film critic I also collect interesting titbits..

I have three lightsabers and a sword from LOTR. I also have the original and actual clothes worn by Ed Norton in THE INCREDIBLE HULK. :D

I also have some signatures of people I meet. My favourite is the cast of the simpsons!
www.britishcollectorsclub.com The Smurf Collectors Club

Postby bwalters » Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:41 pm
Hey Hilary; You posted to this also but your link only re-opens this post. Or is that your version of the never ending story. LOL

Postby Smurfysmurf » Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:44 pm
Bill, her link opens up to another thread of the same name. When you scroll down, you will see that Mark posted the first post on that thread :D
:hiya: Maureen :hiya:

If you are having problems registering on Blue Cavern, please click the "e-mail" link on my profile and send me an e-mail with your preferred username and e-mail. Thank you :D
===============================
Join us on Facebook (private group)
http://www.facebook.com/groups/344427343595/
===============================

Hidden in the Woods

And follow Hidden in the Woods on Facebook or Twitter

Postby bwalters » Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:47 pm
I had just figured that out and am looking at her collection now. Bill Sorry Hilary.

Postby SmurfingH » Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:08 pm
No problem. Thanks for helping answering Moey. :-D

Postby attombomb7 » Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:05 pm
hi!

just a few things I also collect.

1930s Mickey mouse, Minnie or disney

also antique jade items, ancient jade, antique buddha's, and Haida or west coast antique native objects.

also I have a huge hotwheels toy car collection, Dinky toy car collection and
rock n' roll memorabilia.

love to collect! various odd antiques, and primitive items as well as some art objects and paintings.
Image Attom

--

CHECK out my new website
Hogatha's Fake and licenced Smurfs collection

http://mennoblue.net/
(my fake smurf collection ):)

Postby Nivid » Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:25 pm
WOW!

Collecting is fun! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Nivid :hiya:
Page 1 of 2

Login