Home of the Smurf Community

Post anything non-smurf related here.
Page 1 of 2
Postby SA Smurfette » Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:11 pm
It was Kristy's first day back at school yesterday for the year.
We'd only been in the classroom for 5 minutes when she spotted a smurf box on the shelf. I was on the other side of the room when she shouted "MUM, LOOK.... SMURFS !!!" :hyper: Well of course everybody looked to see what the fuss was :oops:
All it was was a little cardboard box with smurfs printed on it, just had little cards in, not smurfy ones :???:

So that was an exciting start to the day for her :)

She has a new teacher this year, an exchange teacher from Scotland 8)
( Just hope she doesn't come home swearing and sounding like Billy Connelly ) :-D

I asked her at the end of the day if her teacher was nice and she said "She didn't speak Scottish, only english like us " :) :)
Another mother said her daughter said " She speaks AUSTRALIAN like us " :) :)

Too Cute 8)
:winks: Raelene :yes:

Check out my smurfy site
www.raeslittleblueguys.com

Postby XoioX2000 » Tue Jan 31, 2006 3:30 am
Very funny!! :D :) :) :)

Liam was finally allowed to bring Smurfy to the class last Monday. But Smurfy had to stay sat on a cupboard during class... (but I'm being told he was allowed a hug at break time!)

There was a bit of an Australian theme for us last week end: We went to a Safari Park (The one in Woburn) and the kids were able to stroke some 'roos! Mae could not believe she had touched skippy animals!!!!!

Cheers,

David
PS: It's the first time I see some that close actually: They look a bit like big rats... I mean they do, don't they?
:dragon: I like the smell of Napalm, first thing in the morning...:dragon:
Check out The Dragon's Cave

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 31, 2006 3:35 am
That's the biggest rat I've ever seen, David! :) :) :)

Glad to hear Kristy found some smurfs, Rae! You've trained her well! :D

Postby Bunno Smurf » Tue Jan 31, 2006 4:28 am
Hmmm is it just me or do they look like wallabies? The roos we get around here are heaps bigger than that. They congregate in a paddock about 1km from our house. You have to be careful when driving down the main road into our development at dusk as they come out and go across the road to graze in the paddock.

The poor things look like they are shivering with the cold.

Heres a page with a pic of a roo and a wallaby: http://www.crystalinks.com/kangaroos.html
:star: LINDA :star:

Postby aussiesmurf » Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:23 am
I'm with u Linda they look like wallabies, which if next to a big red roo would only be half the size...wallabies r probably a lot friendlier then the kangaroos...

I grew up in a small country town in NSW and when we went to school we would have to walk thru big mobs of them on the school oval...due to a drought thats one of the only places where they could find food....

I attached a small photo of a big red kanga for u too see the difference.. :D

Its good to see ur got the kids eagle eyes out early, they many come in handy one day Rae... :-D
:flower:

Meagan

Postby Bunno Smurf » Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:52 am
Roos seem to have longer ears too by the looks of it. Mind you I think they're all part of the kangaroo family anyway; roos, wallabies, wallaroos, euros, quokkas, pademelons etc

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 31, 2006 6:39 am
They will be wallabies, or at least that's what they used to have at Woburn. They used to have killer monkeys too but they all died. :( Well not quite killers, but they did evil things with people's cars.

Postby SMURFYSTEVE1 » Tue Jan 31, 2006 6:57 am
I can just see you Karen, :mad: back away from the car monkey :monkey:

:) :) :) :)

Smurfy regards
Steve :D

Postby XoioX2000 » Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:01 am
Ooooops!!! Apologies they were tiny, so they were Wallibies!!! :):):):):)

And me who was trying to be careful not to mention the "wrong" and thought the Wallibi was the smaller one... :):):)

That's what you call putting my feet into it!!!!

Nevermind...
:dragon: I like the smell of Napalm, first thing in the morning...:dragon:
Check out The Dragon's Cave

Postby Syd Smurf » Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:41 am
I'm glad that it was you that went there David.....I would fear for the Wallabies if Simon went as he may start tackling them all....even the females without the ball.

One question though...does Britain have lions or should the rugby team really be called the British Liars instead? I am guessing they probably do but I thought I would ask anyway. :o .....I am going to regret asking that aren't I?

When I was 18 I was invited by a friend to her parent's place down in the country which was really cool as her mother was kind of like a vet for the wild animals in the area. She hadKangaroos in her house that would sleep in these cloth sacks at night and other miscellaneous creatures. I got to feed the kangaroos their milk with a baby's bottle which was kind of cool.

I wouldn't mess with the red kangaroos though.....they can get very nasty.....and very tall :shock:

Speaking of kangaroos...I saw a yellow scorpion once at the local park which freaked me out as I didn't know we had them in Australia :-? ...but apparently we do, although I have only seen one in my whole life.

Postby Fram » Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:00 am
Roos seem to have longer ears too by the looks of it. Mind you I think they're all part of the kangaroo family anyway; roos, wallabies, wallaroos, euros, quokkas, pademelons etc
Hey! I've seen that :eye: You will have to do with dollaroo's, ma'm, the Euro's stay here! :x
:sheep: Bored of normality, why not go smurf? :sheep:

Postby mrssamwisegamgee » Tue Jan 31, 2006 12:03 pm

One question though...does Britain have lions or should the rugby team really be called the British Liars instead? I am guessing they probably do but I thought I would ask anyway. :o .....I am going to regret asking that aren't I?
Just you remember who won the cricket ashes! :dance: :neener: :neener: :dance:

:cheers:
Kim
I made a promise mr frodo, a promise to keep on smurfing!

Postby SMURFYSTEVE1 » Tue Jan 31, 2006 12:13 pm
:dancing: :dancing: :cheer: :cheer: :dance: :dance:
Go Kimmy Go Kimmy
That's my wife! :-D

Smurfy regards
Steve :D

Postby Syd Smurf » Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:06 pm
Just you remember who won the cricket ashes! :dance: :neener: :neener: :dance:
Should we mention how many years it took to win them? :)

I am sure they will be returned to their rightful owners very very soon......we're just a very charitable nation :) :) :) :) :-x .....aww, you didn't have to do that Kim :(

Postby Kristy Smurf » Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:45 pm
Hello I'm kristy :cheers:

I collect smurfs with my mum.

I collect beanie kids.

I want to do a beanie kid website.

BYe :D

Postby aussiesmurf » Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:45 pm
Hello Kristy

Welcome to the board, ur in the right spot for smurfs... :D

Not sure about the beanie site, but maybe someone on here will be able to help u with it... :D

Kim u and me r going to have a serious chat.... :argue: :)
:flower:

Meagan

Postby Fram » Wed Feb 01, 2006 2:13 am
:welcome: Kristy! I hope you'll enjoy being around here. If you wnat more Smurfs, uncle Dyar will be glad to send you some :o
:sheep: Bored of normality, why not go smurf? :sheep:

Postby Bunno Smurf » Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:03 am
heheh Fram :)

Hello Kristy, :D

I would love to see your beanie site. I just sent a package to mum yesterday and I put a few little smurfs in for you too to play with. I hope you like them.

Linda

Postby SA Smurfette » Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:33 am
David, you should know the difference between a Kangaroo or a wallaby :eek: I sent you that magnet with the sexy kangaroo remember :) :) He was a big boy :D

Fram, i think you have just put Dyar in a hard place , Kristy is expecting smurfs in the mail from him now :-D
:winks: Raelene :yes:

Check out my smurfy site
www.raeslittleblueguys.com

Postby Syd Smurf » Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:16 pm
Kristy, don't you listen to that very naughty Jungle Fram....he is a very big trouble maker around these parts. I don't have many spare smurfs around these days but I do have a doofus clown that probably even Kristy doesn't want. :) Although I have come up with a clever marketing tool to sell the Clown. I am thinking of selling a Kwak Windmill with a free doofus Clown and starting the auction at 50 cents...I gurantee that I will sell the clown that way.

BTW...WELCOME KRISTY. We all think that your Mum is the coolest person on this forum....who needs to send smurfs now :)

I bet it must be fun having so many smurfs at your house....my little boy Jack thinks we have a toy shop at home and it must be like that for you too Kristy.

Dyar
Page 1 of 2

Login